The Old Paradians Association seeks to foster links with all past students, whose formative years were shaped by the Christian Brothers of Parade College.
Formally established in 1914, the Association’s inaugural 13-man committee included the President James Kennedy (who completed his Matriculation class at Parade in 1890), Reverend Brother JM Dwyer and the Rush brothers Robert and William, all of whom maintained a continuing interest in the Association for the rest of their lives.
Today, the Association continues to foster alumni interest and goodwill by encouraging intellectual and emotional ties between Association members and their College – as a means of upholding the traditions in keeping with Parade’s famous tenet.
The Association also actively pursues its many and varied sporting and cultural interests, and seeks to work with the College’s Careers & Guidance Counsellor in assisting students and former students of the College with their professions. The Old Paradians Association is an organisation within CBC Parade College that aims to bring together alumni of the College and encourage and coordinate their support for the College.
The Old Paradians’ Association’s objectives are to;
- create opportunity to promote unity and good fellowship amongst Old Paradians and the Parade College community;
- promote and support the interests of the College community and associated bodies;
- act as an available resource to the College community, its students and Old Paradians;
- create opportunities within the College community to foster social and economic connection amongst Old Paradians; and
- further the aims of the Founder of the Congregation of Christian Brothers, Edmund Ignatius Rice
The President of the Old Paradians Association is supported by a Vice-President and Committee of ten.
The Committee consists of three members of CBC Parade College and eight members of Parade College’s alumni community.
The Chief Executive Officer is employed by the College to oversee the work of the Association and to act as Alumni Officer. The President, Vice-President and Treasurer are elected by the Committee from amongst their number.
The Committee is responsible for directing the business of the Old Paradians Association and for providing advice and support to the Chief Executive Officer.
The Old Paradians Association Committee currently comprises: