Login
Forgot password?

Connect

Please fill in the form below to connect with us:

Captcha Image

OUR STORIES

  • ​In these days of uncertainty, staying connected has never been more important . . . and the Old Paradians’ Association is on call to support its vulnerable members.
    The Association understands that many Old Paradians may be feeling alone or isolated in confronting the brutal realities of the COVID-19 pandemic.

    To those Old Boys who may not have strongly family support networks, please know that we are here to reach out to you.

    We are all in this together.
  • ​The identities of three more Old Paradians lost in The Great War have been discovered more than 100 years after each made the ultimate sacrifice in defence of King and country.

    As the solemn day of remembrance that is Anzac Day nears, the identities of the three young men - all schooled at the ‘Old Bluestone Pile’ in Victoria Parade East Melbourne - have come to light through the research of the Old Paradian Peter Scott (1950).

    Peter discovered the soldiers' tragically short life stories having scoured digitised editions of The Advocate and The Tribune Catholic newspapers of the day via Trove.

    The three soldiers are:

    Fitzroy’s Sgt. John Christopher Nolan, 25, of the 20th AIF Battalion, killed in action in France on November 12, 1916;

    Richmond’s Cpl. John (“Jack”) Chisholm Macdonald, 25, of the 23rd AIF Battalion, killed in action in France on May 3, 1917; and

    Elsternwick’s Sgt. Francis Thomas Aloysius Edwards, 30, killed in action in France on August 30, 1918.
VIEW ALL STORIES

0

Years

0

est. past students

0

2019 events

0

Executive Members

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW ALL EVENTS

ABOUT

The Old Paradians' Association seeks to foster links with all past students, whose formative years were shaped by the Christian Brothers of Parade College.

Formally established in 1914, the Association’s inaugural 13-man committee included the President James Kennedy (who completed his Matriculation class at Parade in 1890), Reverend Brother JM Dwyer and the Rush brothers Robert and William, all of whom maintained a continuing interest in the Association for the rest of their lives.

READ MORE